A MAN has died after suffering such sever gangrene a plane was forced into an emergency landing because of his bad smell of his body rotting away.
Russian musician Andrey Suchilin, was flying with Dutch airline Transavia from the Canary island of Gran Canaria to Amsterdam when passengers complained of the unbearably bad smell.
According to local media, passengers, who thought Suchilin simply had poor hygiene, started fainting and vomiting after the flight took off.
But now it transpired he was suffering from a serious bacterial infection that had caused part of his body to die and the flesh was literally rotting away.
When the plane landed, he was taken to hospital where medics confirmed he was suffering from gangrene, a form of necrosis, or premature tissue death, caused by a lack of blood and oxygen to the tissue.
Medics believe he began to suffer from the condition while on holiday causing the rancid smell.
According to local media, Suchilin slipped into a coma after a couple of days and one month after being removed from the flight he died in hospital.
Belgian passenger Piet van Haut who had been on the plane, described the stench as "unbearable".
He said: "It was like he hadn't washed himself for several weeks. Several passengers got sick and had to vomit."
Staff on board the Transavia service who apparently did not know the man was sick even reportedly tried to quarantine him in a toilet of the Boeing 737 before the pilots decided to divert the flight.
Brit girl, 5, 'abducted by woman from Thomas Cook kids club in Turkey'
Girl, 4, 'murdered by her mum' was found dead on the coffee table in the garden
TRAGIC YOUNG FATHER
Dad, 21, hanged himself after being banned from seeing his son
END WITH A BANG
Heatwave to end this weekend as THUNDERSTORMS return in time for Wimbledon
Cops call off hunt for Putney Pusher jogger who pushed woman in front of bus
Mum posts photo warning parents why they should NEVER go on slide with their kid
WIFE'S LESBIAN TRYST
Wife killed after taunting hubby over his small penis & lesbian fling
Army and RAF to fight Saddleworth Moor wildfire as blaze is seen from space
Takeaway owner ordered to pay less than £3k after girl, 15, died eating kebab
Model sparks fury posing NAKED in front of Jerusalem's Wailing Wall
They landed in the city of Faro, in the Algarve region of southern Portugal, so Suchilin could be removed from the flight.
A Transavia spokesman confirmed at the time that "the aeroplane diverted because of medical reasons, but it is indeed right that he smelled quite a bit."
In February, a Transavia plane from Dubai to Amsterdam was forced to make an emergency landing in the Austrian capital of Vienna after a passenger could not stop farting, which caused a brawl between several passengers.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.